We are on the cusp of something big here at WP Ninjas. Everyone has been waiting patiently for the release of Ninja Forms 2.0 and we are almost ready to release it to the world.
We had originally planned to release it at the end of May but in the process of making huge improvements to the code and adding extremely complicated (from a coding perspective) features we determined that it needed to be a complete rewrite. This set us back a bit.
What we have decided to do in order to force our hands against feature creep and the inevitable “let me add just one more thing” syndrome that tends to plague developers, is take an alpha, beta, final release approach.
Here is how it will work
The alpha is expected to begin on June 29th. It will be open to any Pro users who submit the form below. Here are the rules.
- It needs to be installed on a fresh WordPress install where Ninja Forms has not yet been installed. (We are still working on conversion)
- Actively test and all around try to tear the thing down to make sure it works as expected.
- Actively participate in the Alpha thread in the Ninja Forms Support forums. We want to know what’s not working and even suggestions you may have.
That’s it. If you would like to see it before anyone else and be a part of making it even better fill out the form below and on June 29th we will be reaching out to you with the download info.
Of course we are hoping alpha goes smoothly and that we are able to make any and all changes quickly as we look towards the beta. We are hoping for just a couple weeks between Alpha and Beta.
This will be open to all current Pro users and should be ready for your live sites. The only reason we are calling it beta is because we want to leave room for handling any support issue that may arise for our current users before we release it for new users. We want to make sure you have our undivided attention for such a major change in case issues arise.
During Alpha & Beta we will be doing some restructuring of the site and I will be writing more extensive documentation on all of the new features, functions, and hooks. I will also be creating new videos for people researching whether or not Ninja Forms is the right solution for them. The answer is of course, yes.
All this is to say that we hope our current users will have a working version of Ninja Forms 2.0 somewhere between July 13th – 20th (providing Alpha goes smoothly).
But the real question is what will Ninja Forms 2.0 include. There are so many new features and enhancements I don’t even know how to share them so I’m just going to list a few but further explanation and descriptions are going to have to come later.
- A more streamlined, efficient, and extendable code base.
- Form Field Favorites
- Conditional Field Logic
- Improved Form Mark-Up
- Form Submission Output Functions
- Automatic Updates
- Integrated Add-on Manager
- More Front-end Posting Options
- Tons of Hooks and Filters for developers to interact with any part of the Ninja Forms process
- Inline or Modal Error and Success Messages
- Enhanced Database Interaction Functions
- Export & Import Forms and favorite fields for use in other WordPress installs
- New plugin options for better control of output
- And so much more…
That doesn’t even scratch the surface of what Ninja Forms 2.0 is bring to your Dashboard. Get in on the Alpha to see it first.
New Subscription Levels
With this release we are also going to be changing our subscription model a bit. While the prices have not been finalized this is how it will look.
This will be the cheapest level we offer and will probably be priced somewhere close to the current version of Ninja Forms and include…
- 1 Year of Updates & Support for 1 site
- Add-Ons (purchased individually)
This will be comparable to our current Ninja Forms license and all current users will be grandfathered into this level. It will be priced somewhere around twice the current Ninja Forms subscription and include…
- 1 Year of Updates & Support for Unlimited sites (current users will not have this limit of 1 year nor will anyone purchasing before the release of 2.0)
- Add-Ons (purchased individually) – (Current users will automatically be subscribed to any add-ons that replace current Ninja Forms features such as front-end posting)
This will obviously be our most expensive subscription and will include…
- 1 Year of Updates & Support for Unlimited sites
- Access to all available or future add-ons
Well, this update went a lot longer than I had intended. Sign-up for the Alpha if you are current user and you will be hearing from us very, very soon.